Home Sitemap Contact us  
 lt  |  en 












About us » History
       Virbalis boys gymnasium of czar Alexander was established in Kybartai in 1912. 86 students studied there. Kybartai secondary school began working in the red - bricked house (it was built in 1923) J. Norkus was the first principal of the school. There was protestant church (Evangelists and Lutherans) and secondary school which consisted of 4 classes of gymnasium.
         In 1960 the first environmental clearing was organized  in order to save the ruins of K. Donelaitis church and churchyard. Teachers and students of Kybartai school participated in this event. In 1964 Kybartai secondary school was called after the greatest Lithuanian writer's  Kristijonas Donelaitis name. In 2004 the school was given the status of Gymnasium.